The student news site of Miraleste Intermediate School

Miraleste Times

• FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2017 - 2018 -August 28 - Watch for Registration Information

• THURSDAY 6/8 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!

• Thursday 6/8 Minimum Day 12:20 Dismissal - Memory Video Show

• Wednesday 6/7 Minimum Day Schedule 12:20 Dismissal; Promotion Ceremony 4:30 pm. Students report to GYM by 3:45 pm

• 6th/7th grades Regular Bell Schedule; 8th Grade Promotion Rehearsal; Pool Party; Yearbook Distribution

• Monday 6/5 Regular Bell Schedule - 8th Graders clean out lockers durng Math Class

• Promotion Week Schedule

Rethinking Your Summer Vacations?

Ariana Grell, World News Editor

Airlines have lately been getting a lot of heat. After reportedly a man was dragged off of a United airline’s flight, more allegations have surfaced. Currently among the airlines, allegations have surfaced involving United, Delta, and Jet Airways, among others.

In United at least two major allegations have surfaced. United is facing two major lawsuits, including a suit from Dr. Dao, a passenger dragged off of an airplane because there was not enough space on the aircraft and the flight had been over booked. On Dr. Dao’s flight 3411, passengers were offered $1000 and another free flight for witnessing the event. Because of the incident the CEO is including a $10000 incentive to give passengers who are voluntarily bumped or switched on flights. Also, United is facing allegations involving a giant rabbit. United is said to have cremated a giant three-foot long rabbit who died on a flight, to hide the reason of death. The airline has stated that, ““The assertion that Simon died in a freezer is completely false, Simon was cared for at the PetSafe kennel facility which is kept at room temperature (on average 70°F). He arrived at Chicago O’Hare airport in apparent good condition at 10:25 am (local time). He was seen by a representative of the kennel facility moving about within his crate about 11:00am. Shortly thereafter, a kennel representative noticed Simon was motionless and determined that he passed away.” (Accessed from Fox news).

United airlines is not the only airline facing the heat, Delta airlines also is facing lawsuits. Allegations have come forward that, a twelve-year old boy’s iPhone 6S was hit out of his hands by a Delta employee. After waiting for twelve hours and sleeping outside of the gate due to a late flight, the boy decided to record an employee’s response to the event, the agent had said that it was illegal to record the event on Snapchat and then hit him and the phone out of his hands. The family of the boy is now suing the airlines. Delta is also facing the heat, after he was kicked off a plane for using the bathroom while waiting for takeoff. According to the FFA, when on the plane the airlines is supposed to provide water, food and proper facilities.

Jet Airways is also facing the public, after a pilot was suspended for racially slurring and abusing a man and assaulting a woman while being recorded on camera.  The flight has apologized and has suspended and de-rostered the pilot. The pilot is currently being investigated.

So, where will you be flying this summer? Our airlines currently need to address the problems that they are facing including over booking. Airline employees may be trained to stop an argument, but how about learning not to start them and disgrace their airlines, instead? Have fun flying this summer.